If you are a single Mom like myself or just plain busy- sometimes the only chance that you have to work out is at night. Let’s face it the world just isn’t as safe as it used to be-so even if you live in a neighborhood with a gym, this isn’t always the best option. The question then becomes: work out at night? Work out at home? (Which may or may not have enough space or privacy) or don’t work out at all? If you choose to workout at a gym (which I’m not telling you that you should or shouldn’t do), then be sure to follow these tips.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times even inside of the gym.
- Exchange numbers with someone that frequents the fitness center and adapt the buddy system.
- Use a glass jar as your water bottle.
- Never leave the door open for someone entering behind you, especially if they appear to be walking at the same or similar pace as yourself.
- If someone is walking at the same or similar pace as you slow down so that they can be ahead of you.